At about 10:30 yesterday morning, the fire alarms went off in the building. I slung my bag on my shoulder, followed my colleagues up several flights of steps and exited the side entrance. It turned out to be a false alarm. The mexican restaurant located below the building forgot to turn on their exhaust system while they cooked. This was not the first time it happened. As we headed back, more employees streamed out of the building and onto the street. Some took their cigarette break while waiting for the all clear announcement.