Congratulations to the winners of People/Places/Things: an international competition to celebrate En Foco's 35th Anniversary!
The Winners of People/Places/Things are:
- Mustafah Abdulaziz (Philadelphia, PA) in the People category, with images from his series Patagonia Cowboys. Mustafah is also Of Note Magazine's featured artist this month! Read more.
- Stella Kalaw (Emeryville, CA) in the Places category, with images from her Cubao series
- Pato Hebert (Los Angeles, CA) in the Things category, with Trying to Catch Your Breath series
In addition, four honorable mentions were chosen for each of the three categories, awarding a total of 15 photographers. Our Honorable Mention recipients are:
- Hiroyo Kaneko (San Francisco, CA)
- Keliy Anderson-Staley (Queens, NY)
- Samar Jodha (Amawalk, NY and India)
- Sanja Knezevic (Belgrade, Yugoslavia)
- Alejandro Cartagena (Monterrey, Mexico) (Tres Piedras, NM)
- David Zimmerman(Tres Piedras, NM)
- Terri Garland (Soquel, CA)
- Thodoris Tzalavras (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Katrina d'Autremont (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mary Ellen Bartley (Wainscott, NY)
- Wendy Phillips (Atlanta, GA)
- Juan Giraldo (Patterson, NJ)
About En Foco
En Foco is a non-profit organization that nurtures and supports contemporary fine art and documentary photographers of diverse cultures, primarily U.S. residents of Latino, African and Asian heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific.
This year is En Foco's 35th Anniversary, and it has remained a leader in documenting the artistic journeys created by artists often overlooked by the mainstream art world. Through our visual arts programs, including Nueva Luz photographic journal, artists are free to explore or reinvent cultural traditions, challenge preconceived notions, and engage audiences in a manner that honors all.